if you need any sort of medical care, live in new york, and are between the ages of 10-22
the mount sinai adolescent health center is completely free. you need to make an appointment but once you go there they will give you
- physical health care (check-ups, etc)
- dental care
- mental health care
- sexual health care
- pregnancy care
you do not need parental consent and everything is confidential! the health center is completely free and you do not need healthcare.
Breaking News: Gunman Kills 12 At Colorado Dark Knight Rises Premiere: A lone masked gunman armed with a rifle, a shotgun, and two handguns entered a movie theater outside Denver, CO, this morning just minutes after the 12:05 a.m. premiere of The Dark Knight Rises began, killing at least 12 people and wounding 38.
A witness said the gunman entered the Aurora theater through the emergency exit door, “threw a canister across the theater,” unleashing gas, “then started shooting.” Another witness said movie-goers were confused when the shooting started because they thought the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie.
A third witness said, “He looked so calm when he did it.”
The suspect, whom federal authorities have identified as 24-year-old James Holmes,was arrested outside the theater. A search of his apartment uncovered more explosives.
Holmes had no history with police other than a traffic ticket.
In reaction to the tragedy, Warner Bros. has canceled the Paris premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, issuing a statement saying the company “is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident.”
25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25
1. Make peace with your parents. Whether you finally recognize that they actually have your best interests in mind or you forgive them for being flawed human beings, you can’t happily enter adulthood with that familial brand of resentment.
2. Kiss someone you think is out of your league; kiss models and med students and entrepreneurs with part-time lives in Dubai and don’t worry about if they’re going to call you afterward.
3. Minimize your passivity.
4. Work a service job to gain some understanding of how tipping works, how to keep your cool around assholes, how a few kind words can change someone’s day.
5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met.
6. Try not to beat yourself up over having obtained a ‘useless’ Bachelor’s Degree. Debt is hell, and things didn’t pan out quite like you expected, but you did get to go to college, and having a degree isn’t the worst thing in the world to have. We will figure this mess out, I think, probably; the point is you’re not worth less just because there hasn’t been an immediate pay off for going to school. Be patient, work with what you have, and remember that a lot of us are in this together.
7. If you’re employed in any capacity, open a savings account. You never know when you might be unemployed or in desperate need of getting away for a few days. Even $10 a week is $520 more a year than you would’ve had otherwise.
8. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, relearning your friends, forgetting the internet.
9. Go on a 4-day, brunch-fueled bender.
10. Start a relationship with your crush by telling them that you want them. Directly. Like, look them in the face and say it to them. Say, I want you. I want to be with you.
11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun.
12. Take time to revisit the places that made you who you are: the apartment you grew up in, your middle school, your hometown. These places may or may not be here forever; you definitely won’t be.
13. Find a hobby that makes being alone feel lovely and empowering and like something to look forward to.
14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.
15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.
16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.
17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.
18. Stop hating yourself.
19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.
20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.
21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.
22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.
23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.
24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.
25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open." —(via inthisglasshouse)
List of Comedians that are being unapologetically dense about this issue:
- Jim Norton (“Why is it okay for an actor to play a rapist, but not for a comic to joke about it?”)
- Louis C.K. (“your show makes me laugh every time I watch it. And you have pretty eyes”)
(Source: The Huffington Post)
Tomorrow is what many, including the FBI, are calling “Internet Doomsday”; a day where thousands of computers will be infected by a nasty virus (DSN Malware) and will no longer be able to surf the internet.
To be sure your computer is not infected, click this link: http://dns-ok.us/
If the background is green, your computer is safe. If it is red, your computer is infected.
If your computer is infected, click the following link. MSNBC will show you how to rid the virus from your computer in easy to follow steps: MSNBC Video
IF THIS WASN’T IMPORTANT, I WOULD NOT HAVE PAID TO HAVE THIS PINNED TO YOUR DASHBOARD, WHILE AT THE EXPENSE OF LOSING THOUSANDS OF FOLLOWERS.
AFTER YOU HAVE CHECKED THE STATUS OF YOUR COMPUTER, YOU MAY UNPIN THIS POST SIMPLY BY CLICKING THE RED PIN. YOU’RE WELCOME. NOW REBLOG THIS POST SO YOUR FOLLOWERS KNOW.
I know it’s almost summer, and everyone (including myself) will be spending lots of time in the sun, but this is important to keep in mind.
The ABCDE’s of Skin Cancer Detection!
Behind every url is a human being.
Behind every human being is a story.
You don’t know what type of day they’ve had, what type of week they’ve had, what type of life they’ve had.
It’s a lot easier to just keep your fingers off the keys than to type out a hateful message.
Be kind and think before you speak.
a group of ferrets is referred to as a business of ferrets
ok you can scroll again now